21 Aug 2019
As from August 1st, 2019
New Sea Arrival Manifest (SAM) regulations are implemented for all shipments to and from India. Indian customs have allowed for a 45 day transitional period.
Following information should be mentioned on the Bill of Lading:
- HS (Harmonised System) code – 6 digits
- IEC (Import-Export) code of the Indian shipper or consignee – 10 digits
- PAN (Permanent Account) Number of the Indian Notify party – 10 digits
- GST (Goods Service Tax) code of the consignee
- Email address for the consignee
- Commercial value including currency code, matching the commercial invoice. This will not be printed on the Bill of Lading but will be made known to customs.
More information about shipments to India ?
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.